Hope is the word that drenches every new year wish. Desperate, urgent, heartfelt hope that the world will be a better place, all lunacy aside.
These are 10 hopeful, anxious requests to the year 2017.
1. May we never again have to deal with whimsical people hijacking our hard earned money only to dole it out to us in rationed amounts.
2. May we find the voice to counter fiction with fact … it’s that little detail that checks out consistently across time and documents.
3. For the love of God, may the Air Traffic Control at airports get their spatial assessment right … each and every time.
4. May news channels discover a conscience and give the people a fight worth cheering for, a truth worth aspiring to and an idealism that inspires the nation.
5. May the underprivileged stand up and demand their rights, leave fatalism to the past and broker a brand new future for themselves.
6. May we, the citizens of India, not have to pay for silly statues and the lavish lifestyles of our illiterate … uhh … hard working netas … until each and every citizen gets to experience the basic human dignity of living.
7. May we acquire special powers that can stop the flow of stupidity from the mouth of leaders.
8. May we find the cure to chronic ailments so that hospitals are no longer the sought after destination hubs.
9. May people allow themselves to be better, more compassionate, kinder and more generous souls.
10. May new item numbers flood the market and fill the world with joie de vivre. The nation needs to be inspired to sing and dance and laugh and love.
A speck in the vast humanity